Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Katrina PTSD?

I am trying not to sound like I'm over-reacting, this is all probably due to the excessive coverage of what's going on along the Gulf coast. I mean, the closest family or friends I have are in the San Antonio area. I heard that Phoenix has opened up the Veteran's Memorial Collesium for about 500 refugees, but that's over an hour drive from here, so I'm not likely to have any contact with them.

So why have I had the most terrible dreams the last two nights related to what's going on over there? I don't know, but they're the kind of dreams that I can't wake up from, but when something does wake me up I'm ever so grateful. I've donated money to the Red Cross this weekend when the firefighters were holding out the boot at a Basha's in Camp Verde (besides, they were cute). I guess it's because there's a part of me that is hoping there's something more I can do. But I live in a one bedroom apartment, so I can't offer shelter to anyone. I donated some money also to the Arizona Humane Society after I head that they had sent out a couple teams to resuce abandoned animals, but Magnum would not allow me to foster a pet that was rescued. I am not a medical professional, so I can't offer services to the living who are suffering from medical problems.

I suppose this feeling will get better over the next few days or weeks. I just would like to the dreams to stop sooner than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home