Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

and they call us the future...

Sorry, things were a bit crazy trying to get ready to leave town for the three day weekend. On top of spending a few days with Mr. San Diego, he brought a bottle of "Blue Ice" vodka that is made from Idaho russet potatos; and it's good (too bad that I can't get it anywhere in Arizona).

Saturday night, the two of us were sitting around a fire that our friends started in their backyard. One of their coworkers also stopped by, and we (except the pregnant one) were drinking and listening to the local country station. They did a news break, and that's how I first heard about that the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court passed away. I made the comment that it's a shame that Rehnquist died.

Everyone's comment: "who's Rehnquist?" (no joking). Of the five of us in our late 20's - late 30's, I was the only one that knew who he was. And we're given the responsibility to vote - when a majority of us don't know the political going-ons of our country. I first felt geeky that I knew that; but then sad that I was the only one that knew the implications of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home