Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

have you ever wondered why...(part 1)

This is an oldie-but-goodie that has bugged me for years, but still am lacking a good answer. So right now, I'm looking at a 12 fl oz can of Coke (that I bought from a 12 pack box). Above the bar code it says:

"VERY LOW SODIUM 35mg OR LESS PER 240 mL (8 fl oz)"

Yet below that notice is a Nutrition Facts that says 1 can is a serving size. If you pick up a 20 oz plastic bottle of Coke, the Nutrition Fact is 8 fl oz (2.5 servings per bottle).

So for a 20 oz bottle, 8 fl oz is one serving, but a 12 oz can is one serving. No wonder the Nutrition Facts are useless to most people anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home