Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, July 11, 2005

This isn't your Father's Tombstone

I read an article this morning about Old West to faux West in Tombstone, AZ. Tombstone may lose its historic landmark status because business owners are altering old buildings and trying to pass them off for 1880's.

While I'm not surprised at this report, it does make me sad. I haven't been to Tombstone in about four years, and even then it felt like a tourist show. It could have been Rawhide with bars and a museum of southeast Arizona. While I enjoyed having drinks with family at the Crystal Palace, the second floor facade is a let-down. I perfer the way it was - but that's just the history buff in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home