Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The quad chicks!!!

What do you think? Blogger finally got the photo post thing working!



This is my best friend. She was patiently waiting for her husband to get bored riding the big bowl. It's not very obvious, but she just finished her first trimester with her first child. She's been riding a lot more than I have, so she's going to ride as long as possible.


And this is ME!! This was taken as I was riding along the campsite before we packed up the quads. You can see we found a nice campsite. Lots of open space so we could have a nice campfire, and yet there were trees for shade. I'm sure you get an idea how much dust collected in my hair, ears, and nose. My best friend had a helmet, and she wasn't too much better off than I was.


The picture of my best friend from the big bowl was a part of our 6-7 hour day riding on the quads (Nobody had a watch, so we're guessing how long we're gone). So when we finally got back to camp, we were tired. But there was someone who was more tired than we were:



This dog belonged to my best friend's husband. You can see how soft the ground is by the holes our footsteps left around the dog. All those small pieces of black cinders would get in between the dogs footpads. The poor fellow was fine the first day, but then spent the rest of the time digging out the cinders and sleeping in a shady spot. He didn't even chase very far after the visiting doe and squirrel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home