Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I survived the Cinders!

Perhaps surviving 10 years with my ATN didn't quite prepare me for the Cinders. At least living about 2 years with almost no daytime pain did help me enjoy it!

In case you're wondering what the hell the Cinders is (I sure did), I'll explain. About five miles east of Flagstaff (just off Interstate 40) is a place where a volcano existed. I don't know how many years it's been quiet (or extinct), but the remanants are a ground covered with black cinders. The black cinders extend for many miles, creating a fun place for ATV's and other off road vehicles. It's difficult to walk in, and due to the lack of recent rain, it's very dusty.

I'll be posting pictures in the next few posts. Blogger has a picture post feature, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Probably because it's a Mac.

And BTW: my "blind date" and I did hit it off very well. The distance from Tucson to San Diego is a slight problem (we both admitted that), but we'll see where things go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home