Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

So where does loyality get you in G.W.'s camp?

Sure, we all know how well our President treats those that stick by him through thick and thin. And what happens when you express a different opinion (Colin Powell anyone?)

Remember Katherine Harris? How about the Secretary of State of Florida in 2000 who was a very public figure on the ongoing hanging chad scandal? She's learning a hard lesson about what happens to people who bow to political pressure from their own party.

Not that I was on the Harris bandwagon in 2000, but I am hoping that she continues her part of the deal and runs for the Senate next year. It'll be more interesting to see if the Republicans will back down and support her, or push their own candidate. Too bad I don't live in Florida (not that I'd be able to vote in the Primary).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home