Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

In case you didn't know it was a volcano


Big Bowl
Originally uploaded by Jenn Michaels.
Here's a good picture that shows the crater left behind from the volcano. I never got an idea how long ago it was since the last eruption.

The ridge line on the upper rim was the "trail" we took to get to where we ended up. The other side of the trail was rugged woods and trees, so I was quietly hoping that the quad wouldn't slide off either edge of the trail.

To the right and on the other side of this "big bowl" was "hundred dollar hill". A steep 1,500 foot slope that challenged riders with $100 if they could make it up the hill. Even today, not every vehicle we watched made it up the hill.

BTW: the cloud of dust is being generated by my best friend's husband on his dirtbike....he had more courage than any of us to make several trips through the "big bowl"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home