Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Rant of the woman who's not a size 6!!!

I overheard this conversation this girl in the building next door was having about how proud she was that she fit into her size 6 jeans. I pretended not to hear while silently throttling her in my imagination.

This isn't petty jealousy. And granted, I am about 5-6" taller than this girl. But I used to wear size 6 pants (twice). Back in my high school days, I could fit into size 6 jeans, but wore a lot of 32" Levis. The second time I was into a size 6 was early last year when I had my celiac flare and dropped 45 pounds in about six weeks.

Ironically, wearing a size 6 in high school was attractive to guys. Me wearing a size 6 last year, and guys were told me straight up that I didn't look too healthy. Okay, in retrospect I WASN'T healthy, but I felt ready to model bikinis.

Over the last year and half, I've slowly put back the 45 pounds. And people are telling me how great I look, not so sickly skinny. I would like to lose 10-15 pounds, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't. But I definately don't want to gain more weight.

My potential "Mr. Right" says that I look great as is. I'm not a size 6, but with my tall height, I can get away with a slightly larger pant size. But it's definately an inspiration to try and watch my carbs and chocolate.

Now most women would say that they would love a diet where most foods are off limits, but chocolate is okay. It's a great diet to a size 24! I think that's the hardest part of living with celiac - acceptable convience food is a Milky Way candy bar instead of a "Healthy Choice" dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home