Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

All good things must come to an end?

I'm seriously bummed about how close the Suns came to winning Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals only to come up a little short. Maybe it's time for some chai to lift my spirits...

I'm going camping for Memorial weekend. I'm hoping that Friday after I finish what needs to be done at the lab, I can get ready to go. Every time I woke up last night, a random thought popped into my head like "don't forget to get garlic for the meat" or "don't forget your swim suit". I suppose that on top of everything I have to worry about, I'm nervous about meeting someone when I get there. He's the best friend of my best friends spouse. I get the impression that they think we'll hit it off or something. Although very encourged that he asked if I'm still coming, I've never been "setup" before. He sounds like a nice enough person, and I'll be arriving in my own car, so if things are REALLY bad, I can hit the road. I trust my best friend enough not to do that to me.....I think....

Let's see, tonight I must:
Do laundry (and subsquent ironing)
Go to the grocery store (AGAIN) and try and remember what was on my list (which is at home)
Prepare some sort of gluten-free dinner
Start preparing foil packages of camp food
Make of batch of peanut butter and jelly cookies for the trip

At least I learned a valuable lesson this AM: double wrap the foil package, then place in Ziploc bag. Once a signficant amount of ice melts in the cooler, the water has to go somewhere. I'm going to try and put the cooler in the backseat to slightly reduce the amount of melting on the trip.

Ah well, more later I guess. I have to track down someone from animal care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home