Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

birthday gifts

"Well, what do you want for your birthday?" my mother asked me again this morning.

"Uhh, I haven't had any time to think about it while you were out of town," I muttered.

So, what do I want for my birthday?

Boyfriend got me a nice wok to start cooking healthier, a pizza stone to cook up my gluten free creations, and "the least useful" - a opal bracelet with diamond chips and thin gold wavy links in between.

Thought about having her order me a case of Chebe mixes. But I would rather have something that lasts a bit longer. Last year was a day of pampering at a day spa with a lunch afterwards.

My best idea is new tops. I have a problem with those. Long story to follow....


I bought a black suit in December for a funeral, and figured I could wear it to a job interview with a light shirt under the blazer. So a couple weeks ago, I dragged it out of the closet for the interview for the job I got. I was thrilled that the pants fit (perhaps a bit better). But when I put the blazer on, I practially had to dislocate the shoulders to get it on. And sure enough, when I was trying to get it off, I heard some seam rippage (no visable tears).

WTF? Oh yeah, the hardware store is mostly upper body. So all the lifting and carrying around stuff has an effect.

The downside is all the "professional" wear tops I had in my previous job will not fit me right now. The cute blue button blouse I tried last Saturday will not work in a lab (unless I'm trying to seduce the boss or something).

The slight consulation is that the bottoms I can still fit in. Oh, and the shorts I bought almost two years ago when I first met boyfriend still fit (with a bit to spare).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home