Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Latest fave

It's a bit expensive, but I love this stuff so much right now I don't care. Besides in a few weeks, it won't be such an issue anymore.

Chebe.

Heard lots of celiacs rave about this stuff, and while at Wild Oats on Tuesday with boyfriend, I picked up a couple packages. I tried their yeast free bread and their pizza mix.

First of all, this stuff is so easy to make. Take the package, add a bit of oil, two eggs, and some milk. As the ingredients get mixed in, it starts to make a stretchy doughy mass.

The first one I tried was the yeast free bread. I divided it in half and tried to form it into two even sub bread loaves. Baked it on the pizza stone (birthday present from the boyfriend). It made two substantial sub rolls. Took it out of the oven, let it cool, then bagged it and put it in the fridge. Split, toasted, and it made a yummy sandwich.

Very happy.

When I tried the pizza mix, I added shredded cheese to it. I was a little nervous since I had to roll it out. But I was able to roll it out on the countertop, then pick it up and put it on the pizza stone without it breaking or falling apart. Since I cooked it on a stone, it was a crispy top and a little chewy in the middle.

So very happy.

Don't know how the figured out tapioca flour could work this well. If you've ever tried cooking with tapioca flour, it makes a giant mess. But the owners of Chebe figured it out.

Going to order a case. You save a bit that way. They have a mix for cinnamon buns, and more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home