Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

The worst

As much as I enjoy working with the guys and girls (for the most part) at the hardware store, and have gotten to know some of the frequent shoppers pretty well, this last week makes me happy that I will not continue to work there.

The managers are nice (a bit forgetful), the floor guys are very nice (with one noteable exception), the cashiers are nice (with a couple exceptions). Still deal with customers who can't deal with a girl that knows something about tools, but the ones that can are very nice to me.

But since we're near the college, we have some college students there. They request spring break off. The moms also requested off to have spring break with their kids. And the managers gave it to all of them.

Then one cashier had a seriously sick kid. Like emergency surgery sick. So she couldn't show up. Then another cashier just pulled a "S" (call in saying you're running late and never show up). Since "S" still works for the organization, I won't use the full name (plus it's insulting to the rest of the normal people I know with that name).

So instead of being on the floor, I was a cashier for a few days. With overtime.

Besides the fact that being a cashier doesn't help the image that I'm a floor person, there's lots of emphasis on the floor people to help acknowledge every customer (which most don't appreciate if you're trying to help a customer). And there's the re-merchandising fiasco that I can't even describe without needing some serious booze. Then Friday came our big shipment of stuff that we barely touched any of by the time I left Saturday afternoon.

I won't even go into the mess of dealing with sales promos that was dumped into my lap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home