Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Old fart

Okay, I KNOW that 30 really isn't old.

But I do have the arthritis in my back that in the last few months been a constant ache for me. I still have about two weeks before I see the rheumatologist for it. Hopefully it's not too late.

When camping with my best friend/matchmaker, she was obsessing over a few gray hairs. I teased her it's from having a baby. She came over to me and plucked one hair from my head and said it's gray. I think she switched it with one of hers just because I was annoying her. I haven't spend more than 30 seconds looking, but I haven't found any gray hairs.

But another sign I'm getting older. I am now on Nexium for the acid reflux. The GI doc thinks it's from a hernia, but the hernia isn't bad enough to warrant surgery, but it could be causing the reflux. The hardest part is you're supposed to take it 30-60 minutes before breakfast. I forgot to ask if that includes coffee, but I'll be good and wait on the coffee too. But I used to stumble out of bed, start the coffee, and make breakfast while waiting for that first cup of coffee to cool down.

Now I take Nexium as soon as I get up. Then start the AM local news. Today was kinda funny because the weather guy was saying "radar looks like rain on the interstate" when the live traffic cams show dry interstate. Start the coffee to get that yummy smell throughout my place. Then take shower and do the grooming stuff. By the time that's done, it's time for breakfast.

That also cuts one cup of coffee from my morning routine. Probably a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home