Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Wine post

Since I am limited to my choices of alcohol, I am trying to enjoy it. I need a bumper sticker with the saying "Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

Anyway, doing last minute CostCo shopping right before Christmas, I stumbled across a bottle of the 2002 Cold Creek Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon made by Chateau Ste. Michelle. In a moment of nostaglia of visiting that vineyard (along with several others in the area) when I visited my friend in Seattle, I snatched up a bottle.

With tax, it was a bit over $22. I decided to save it for New Year's Eve. So we brought the bottle to Tombstone along with real wine glasses. We opened it right before midnight, but I was so congested with cold that I couldn't taste anything.

So I reopened it right now now that I can sorta breathe out of my nose. It's a very nice mild cab. Not sure if I'd buy another bottle for the price.

I guess I will make a New Years resolution to figure out how to rate wine better. If anything, it'll be fun to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home