Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

What I found on my walk

I'm finally working my "resolution" to get back to walking again. I'm feeling so fat and flabby I have to do something. Plus, there's nothing like a loving mother's words "you looked so much better last summer when you were walking".

I returned to Sabino Canyon. I decided that if I am lacking inititive to drive all the way over there, I will use the sidewalk and over road bridge to walk a bit. It's a nice backup if you don't mind sucking exhaust pipes.

The first dumb thing I did was forget my flashlight. I always keep a small and large one in my car.

The second thing was leave my water bottles in my car. It was very cool with the wind, so that wasn't as terrible.

Two things kept this walk limited to visible daylight: face zappers that started every time I turned my head to the right, and the fear of being unarmed with javelinas. Not that a large Maglight would be a good weapon, but at least the light would prevent me from running into any.

Didn't see any javelinas, but I saw a couple male cardinals (wasn't the same one twice - one was fatter than the other). Then I saw a deer cross the main path near the visitor center. That was way cool.

I think it's still too cold for the big trantulas. Hopefully they'll be back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home