Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Two cents

That's about all my privacy is worth these days. Since everyone seems to be expressing an opinion on the authorized wiretaps without FISA, might as well say my piece.

I do believe that the wiretaps are illegal. Use FISA - by avoiding them all together, you make a mockery of the system.

I'm not comfortable with the fact that I could have my conversations monitored without my knowledge or consent. I am a citizen born of this country, and I value my privacy. Not that anyone would find my conversations interesting or worthwhile. But the concept brings images of Communist USSR to mind.

If you want to make it so that anyone knows their conversations may be monitored, make it so by putting it in the constitution. Good luck getting that passed.

In the meanwhile, I'll just move to Russia. Government spying was well understood as happening before the fall of Communism. Chances are, most people there believe it is still going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home