Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A decent start to the New Year

It seems that almost everyone makes a New Year resolution to lose weight. Me personally, I don't make a resolution. However, since my jeans are a bit tight now (I'm blaming the drier), I STRIVE to lose about 10 pounds.

Part of the torture that was my annual ob-gyn appointment yesterday was a weight check. I wasn't looking forward to it since I was sure that I was now over 170 pounds.

NOT! It was close, but I tipped the scale at 167.5. Slightly encourging since at first the nurse thought I was under 150 pounds.

According to the slightly unfair body mass index scale, that puts me at 23.4 - which is a bit high, but still on the "normal" side. The reason I say it's unfair is that I inherited my italian maternal grandfather's "above average" body frame, combined with my maternal grandmother's tall height. So when most people look at me, they say I look great and don't need to lose any weight.

Still there's something I don't like about my body (I know, who doesn't). So I'm hoping to bring my weight down just a bit to see if it'll look better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home