Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

He took it well

God this is really embarassing.

On top of the other issues that came up at my annual ob-gyn appointment yesterday was that I'm suffering an outbreak of human papilloma virus (HPV). The news was broken to me by the NP I've been seeing for about five years. So she had to ask the difficult question - "do I think I know how I became infected".

Well considering I've only had one partner within the last year, and a couple years of no partners before that, yes I think it's obvious where I got it from.

So I had to tell lovely boyfriend the wonderful news last night. He took it well. I told him that some women never show signs of infection, and guys rarely do (which is why HPV is such a common STD). He seemed to be preoccupied a bit with trying to figure out how he got it, but wouldn't elaborate. He had said a few months ago that he didn't want to hear about my sexual past, and he didn't want to talk about his.

I think we're going to have to do a bit of that this weekend though. Not that it'll be easy going into our sexual histories. But it is true - when you sleep with someone, you sleep with the last 10 people your partner did.

Doesn't change how I feel about him at all. I still love him. But I guess this means that if there's anyone else after him, I'll have to worry more about protection besides birth control pills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home