Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It's like a Monday...

...but I know it's not. It wasn't until I scrounged for coffee in the cafeteria that I smelled omlettes on the grill. Which means it's either Tuesday or Thursday. Since I was pretty sure it wasn't Thursday, I went with Tuesday.

Yes, I'm one of the fortunate ones that had yesterday as a holiday. So I went to go see boyfriend in San Diego. It was a nice weekend, though it had its sad moments. He's at the airport now, and won't be back for two months.

I learned more details about him this weekend. I'm so honored that he's willing to share such private details of himself to me.

I wished I could have stopped time Monday. I didn't want to leave. So I left much later than I had planned on. Then got stuck in traffic hell of the I-10 widening project. I had been making good time until I got to the construction bottleneck. It took me 45 minutes to drive 3 miles (no joking). So I didn't get home until 10:15PM.

*ugh* That's late for me. Then I can't just drop everything and go to sleep. So I unwinded for a few minutes, and tended to the kitties. Made a small snack and began to unwind from the long day. I got to bed just after 11:00PM, and still managed to get up when I normally do (albeit a bit sleepier than usual).

But thinking of two months and not seeing boyfriend has me feeling a bit blue today. It would be somewhat okay if we could email (like he did in Seattle). But with the time zone differences, that probably won't happen too much. If only a visit were possible, but not when he's working seven days a week, 8-10 hours a day.

*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home