Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

She'd run away if she could

File this under "how NOT to treat your cat"

I was grabbing some dirty laundry so that instead of several piles of laundry, they'd be in one place. The designated place is in the bedroom closet, and I know the way by heart. So I decided to forgo the light switch. One step, two step, then the third step my right foot landed on a stick.

The stick moved and I knew it wasn't a stick or a pair of fur mice. A rush of fluff ran under the bed for refuge.

I put the clothes in the closet, and I thought I saw a rush of fluff. I looked closer, but didn't see anything. In my heart, I knew it was Adira running to put distance between the evil foot and herself.

As I left the bedroom, she ran around me to seek refuge under the bed.

I feel terrible. She normally doesn't lounge around in "high traffic" areas, so that was the last thing I was expecting.

If I left the computer available tonight, she'd probably look for a new place to live.

If I had my camera, I'd probably get a picture of a fluff ball running away in terror. The camera is in Hawaii for my boyfriend to take pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home