Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Sacrifice gripe

I was listening to NPR's Morning Edition on my drive to work this AM. They were talking about how very soon, we have lost 2,000 American souls in Iraq. Someone in the White House is supposedly saying that "the best way to honor their sacrifice is to complete the mission."

Ummm, didn't our Commander in Chief already say "Mission Accomplished" a while back ago? What is our mission now - to keep Sunnis from killing Shia (and vice versa); to publically condemn Saddam with a trial; to rebuild Iraq to prewar conditions or better?

Somone please enlighten me.

BTW: I support the military (I know a couple people there right now, and they're never far from my mind). But when people representating the Commander in Chief are saying we need to fulfill the mission (but not define it), questions should be asked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home