Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

long day of worries

If I could, part of me would trottle my mother for seriously downplaying her ablation. She's had problems with atrial fibrillation for years, and the medications stopped working for about six months now. They finally agreed that an ablation should be the next step in treating her.

She was supposed to be at the hospital at 5:00 this morning. I just got an update that they finally doing the actual ablation, after spending hours working with computer models and high-tech imaging to determine the most effective area. Yet, I was also told that she'll be in there for the next four hours!

I guess part of it was my fault. I went through three ablations for my damaged nerve. The neurosurgeons don't want to make huge lesions on my nerve because the risk of AD goes up. And I admit that with lots of Versed, I don't keep track of the time, but I don't think I've been in there for more than a half hour!

So the waiting game continues. I try not to dwell on the bad feelings that crop up. At least I have pages of data to work through to keep my mind occupied.

UPDATE #1: So far so good. About another two hours to go.....

UPDATE #2: Out of surgery. Will be discharged tomorrow AM if all continues to go well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home