Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Vacation from vacation...

Don't I wish! Anyway, after I last posted, my availability to the internet disappeared. I didn't have too much time to worry about it though. Here's a quick summary of the rest of the trip:

My nephew caught an ear infection one week after arriving. Doctors thought it was because he wasn't used to the humidity, but he was still sick. THEN he caught some sort of cold, which I seem to be dealing with.

I got an even worse sunburn on my lower legs down to my feet. It hurt real bad, and radiated heat for about 24 hours. After a couple of days, it wasn't too bad. I had been putting lots of lotion on it, and did so the day I flew out of Chicago. When I arrived in Phoenix, I was showing my mom the color of my legs. Then to my shock, the skin on the burn litterally sloughed off, leaving a clear fluid in its place. So before I went to bed, I cleaned up the sloughed off skin and dried off my legs *sigh*.

Okay, those are the highlights. I'll probably mention more of what I noticed with my family later...but am I glad to be back in Arizona. The weather was terrible - hot and humid to cold and humid (14 degree drop in temperature in one day!) I won't miss the terrible roads, and all the running around to see everyone.

I'll post more later, I'm back in Tucson. I have 400 e-mails to plow through (it could have been worse), my nose is congested and my throat sore. I am also a bit tired, and have a lot to worry about with work Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home