Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Who screwed this one up????

When I came into the lab Monday, I saw that a delivery had been brought to our lab (most likely Thursday), but left in its boxes. While that normally annoys me that everyone is too busy to put away supplies, this time I'm glad they were.

There were four boxes of a brand of glove we normally do NOT use, and they were all the same size, which is NOT normal. (We usually buy one case at a time of a size.) So I look at the invoice to make sure that they weren't delivered to the wrong place. Sure enough, my name and address is on the "ship to" area.

First of all, I'm annoyed because I know I did not place this order. Second, I need to make sure that one of our grants isn't paying for it. So I try and look up the purchase order, and getting nothing (it isn't a standard format anyway). Since our office staff isn't in today, I had to take it up with the main purchasing department. She told me that some other institution probably ordered and paid for it, but somehow got shipped to me!

Too bad we can't use this item (and definately not four cases of them). I'm looking forward to hearing how this got all screwed up!

Sounds like a good time to scrounge some lunch....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home