Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, November 19, 2007

substitute please!!

I'm not a good "improv" baker. I just found a recipe that I'd love to try. It's for breakfast bars that are gluten-free and sound delicious.

BUT.....

The recipe calls for shredded coconut. I HATE shredded coconut. I can tell when there's some in a recipe because I get the shredded coconut in my teeth and I despise how it feels on my teeth. Then I also hate the smell and taste of coconut.

I learned the hard way that shredded coconut is a frequent substitute in gluten-free cookies. Thankfully, Pamela's doesn't do that, but Wild Oats does.

So, what can I use as a substitute for the shredded coconut? I'm not finding anything in searches on the web.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home