Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

desert encounters

Pull in the driveway after the movie. Instead of heading into the house, I open the back looking for my iPod. If I'm going to go for a hike tomorrow to "mull things over", I wanted my iPod, but knew it'd need charging.

While digging in the back, I hear a noise as if someone's walking on the gravel nearby. I had come across my Maglight already, so I found it again. Big old stinky javelina at the neighbors trash can. I see that hers isn't secured and can be knocked over by this critter.

So stupid me, I go to the edge of the driveway and pick up some gravel rocks and start hurling them at the javelina. He slowly wanders off. I go back to my searching in the car, and hear noise again in the gravel.

Okay, stupid of me. I probably pissed him off and he's going to come and get me.

I steel my nerves, grab the flashlight again, and find a bigger rock. I think I hit him that time and he ran off. Then found the iPod, locked the car quickly and ran inside.

Darn stinky creatures. I should talk to my neighbor about securing her trash can somehow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home