Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Silly Mommy

Okay, so a typical Saturday is getting up, a quick breakfast and coffee. Then nephew gets dropped off. We try to feed him breakfast (today we were unsuccessful). Load nephew in car, pickup my Grandmother (goes by Grams now) and we go to the grocery store.

When I'm there, I get to entertain my nephew the entire time to make sure he doesn't go running amok in the store. His newest trick is to stand in the basket, and put things in the cart as I grab them and ask him to put them in the cart. Yes, I know it says to not let your child stand in the basket. But he's not MY child ;-) Seriously, I'm holding onto his overalls; when I start moving, I won't start unless I watch him grip the cart, and I go VERY slowly. No children were harmed in this endeavor.

Then we put grocery store items in car, load up people. Today we stopped at a McDonalds to get a happy meal in attempts to get nephew to eat something. Drop Grams off, head to house to get perisherable stuff in fridge/freezer.

Try to get nephew to eat. He's too interested in the toy that came with the happy meal. Taking away the toy didn't encourage him to eat. Let him play for about an hour.

Put him down for a nap. Run a couple quick errands. On the drive back, we're debating if we should put on swimsuits and get some sun or just lie on the couch for a catnap. I said that I turned around to get my bikini, so I'd like to put it on and get some sun.

So we did. As we lay out on the chairs, she said "It's 2:30, it's too late to get sun."

Silly Mommy. "It's a hundred plus degrees outside. You feel like broiling outside in the sun, we'll get sun."

Yup, I'm developing a nice tan line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home