Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

desert living

I've lived in Fountain Hills since I was 9. Before that, we spent every Christmas and summer here too. So I learned at an early age how to watch out for snakes, gila monsters, scorpions, cacti etc.

So far, I've never been stung/bit by anything. My poor Dad has gotten his share of scorpion stings though.

Living in the city, I tend to get used to not having to worry about those things.

Last night my Dad called out to me as I headed to my bedroom "Check the sheets for scorpions, they're bad this season."

I should have thought of that, especially after my Mom told me that my Dad was stung twice by a scorpion that had crawled into his jeans pocket that he left on a dresser. (Scorpions tend to get my Dad in the rear for some reason.)

Yet I didn't think to check my room. So I pulled the comforter off, nothing flew or moved. Same with the fitted sheet. Then I check the closet, bathroom, and rest of the room. Then finally I confront the one place where I had my scorpion close encounter - under the bed.

Pulled up the bedskirt, and think I see something, but it's not moving whatever it is. Thinking it's a dead scorpion, I grab a flashlight. Yup, dried up scorpion in an inaccessible place unless I care to move the nightstand and crawl under the bed.

No thanks. Maybe the dead scorpion will scare off any scorpion wishing to go bed hopping with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home