Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

banning abortions won't help

I'm pro choice. I get annoyed at people that are calling the "morning after pill" an abortion. Abortion deals with implanted fertilized eggs. If you prevent implantation, it's not a pregnancy. Thus, you can't call it an abortion.

I also am in favor of using fertilized eggs for stem cell research if they're leftovers from in vitro procedures that will be thrown away anyway. I don't consider it a life - it was otherwise destined for a fate in the autoclave for proper biohazard disposal. Should we start arresting those that properly dispose of fertilized eggs as murderers?

I came across this article today. It made me laugh a bit.

Basically the "rhythm method" that is favored by some religions as birth control could be killing off more fertilized eggs than any other birth control method used.

Read it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home