Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Does not play well with others

Magnum would be the happiest if he was the only cat around and had a human at his beck and call for brushing and pettings on demand.

When things are strange and not in his control, he gets a loud meanancing meow with a growl. He gets low and ready to pounce and can attack without too much more provoking.

I got lazy and let the cats stay on the non-existant neighbors porch as night settled in.

As I'm cleaning up my ice cream bowl, I hear Magnum's meanacing growl. I rush outside to see what the cause of the commotion is. To my horror, I see a black and white looking cat cornered on the ledge. Then the cat did a swan dive (six or seven feet) to the ground and ran under a truck.

I didn't get a good look at the cat, but I was praying it wasn't Adira that just got ran off. To my relief, I see a glimpse of her on the neighbors porch. Magnum was there by now, and he was threatening to her now too.

Coaxing with treats got Magnum back inside. Adira followed a few minutes later. She was reluctant to go inside (not that I blame her if Meany-Magnum is waiting to take a swipe). I think she was more upset that a fellow friend was chased off by the mean orange big guy.

I still wonder how the cat got on the ledge. But I suppose if I had claws, climbing stucco wouldn't be that difficult. And now I know that it wasn't Adira that scratched up the screen on the living room window. I went down to that cat, and while friendly, didn't have a tag on him/her. So i'm not in a big hurry to replace the screen when it's obvious that the cat can scratch up the new screen again.

Now I'm even happier that these fellows have tags on them. Just in case Magnum bullys Adira to the ground level...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home