Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The light bulb just turned on

I had posted a few weeks back about a breakout of what I thought were bug bites. They faded after a few days, and I quickly forgot about it.

Until last night. When I finally got around to slipping into something more comfortable, I noticed a red strange shaped rash on my ankle. It didn't quite have the shape of a bug bite, and since now with the cool nights, my feet and ankles are always covered. It didn't really itch, and having the fabric covering helped, so I covered it up with my slipper socks, and didn't think anything more.

Then this AM while I was walking to my car, it suddenly hit me. Could this be dermatitis herpetiformis? DH is associated with celiac patients, and for as long as I most likely had celiac, I thought I had beaten the odds. I know that I've had a lot of trouble managing symptoms this month, so perhaps the odds have finally caught up with me.

If you do a search for DH, don't do so after you've recently eaten. Some of the pictures are terrible. I'll probably document these, but they're nowhere near as bad as some of these people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home