Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

End of an era

Due to the University's new policy on email support, the email address I've had for a long time will be going away at the end of the year. Until I get around to changing all my addresses (like here), the mail will forward to my new account.

My biggest gripe is the one and only source for email and web page hosting still only allows 3-8 chracter usernames. Having a common first name and a last name that's also common (for a guys name). But I was able to change it to something that I can live with. And while I will miss having the generic username of first name initial and last name, I guess those days are almost over.

One era that has NOT ended are the fall vendor shows. I missed the VWR show last week because of clinical sample processing. But I will go to the Fisher Scientific one today (even if I can't eat their food). I admit that part of the fun of these shows was the free lunch and free food. The fall ones were more fun because there'd be oodles of Halloween candy they beg you to take.

Since my candy selections are slightly limited, and I'm trying to lose the mysterious ten pounds that showed up, I will be good today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home