Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Ghost in the machine?

This seems like the perfect day to tell this story.

In our building on the SW wing there's two "freight" elevators that will take you down to one of the entrances to the animal facility. This is my perferred method of entering the facility because it's the closest entrance to our animals, and it's not a public elevator.

However, they are not without their quirks. They're programmed to keep one elevator on the 1st (bottom) floor, and the other on the 6th (top) floor. There have been times when on the first floor, I've called for the elevator and the one on the left will reach the bottom floor first, but not open its doors until the one on the right also comes to the bottom floor. I usually vent my fustration by kicking the door until it'll open.

Then this AM, I'm going to the animal facility. But first I make a detour to see a friend of mine to give a Halloween present. Wasn't there, so I return to the elevators, and without me pressing the call button, the retarded left elevator opens. I hold back, expecting someone to come out of the elevator, but nobody comes out.

Maybe the elevator ghost got tired of me kicking at its door and will open now when I come. Or perhaps only on Halloween.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home