Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Getting on the soapbox

Okay, the new listserv is paying off. Sure, I get a lot more mail than usual, but that's what filters are for.

I've gotten access to a list of restaurants that have gluten-free options. And it's nice to hear from people that are dealing with the same food issues I am. Plus, they share when they learn something from a company.

Here's what Ragu said in regards to an inquiry about gltuen-free products:

We can certainly understand your concerns. Gluten is found in wheat,
rye, barley, and oats. In our sauces, the source of Modified Food Starch
is corn.


If your Modified Food Starch comes from something other than wheat PUT IT IN THE INGREDIENT INFO!!! One of the cardinal rules of celiac ingredients is to AVOID modified food starch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home