Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, September 16, 2005

iPod troubles???

I bought an iPod Mini a little over a month ago. Along with it, I bought the FM transmitter that works with the older (and thicker) iPods and the Minis. It's helpful on the long drives to San Diego since my lab worker has an older iPod, and we can listen to either one.

My concern has been from day 1 was the battery. It seemed that even if it said it was charged, it would start to drop in power after a half hour (if not sooner). I took it back, and they told me to buy the firewire adaptor (instead of charging from my USB port). I said "thanks, but no thanks; I've already spent enough money". Yet, I haven't it run out of power, despite about 6 hours of constant play.

The FM transmitter also charges your iPod. Last Friday, I finally got my iPod to charge completely just before I got to my parent's house. I didn't play it but for maybe a half hour since I was talking on the phone more than listening to my music. I think that Sunday it did fully charge (again). Didn't start it Monday, or Tuesday. Wednesday, I cleaned up my files and got rid of some audio books I won't listen to on my iPod. I think it spent about three hours on my USB port and still wasn't charged. I left it alone yesterday. Today, I uploaded my latest podcasts this AM, and it still is charging (two hours and still going).

*sigh* It looks like my iPod battery is going to give me grief. Since I can't specifically say what's wrong with it, so I don't expect Apple to give me tech support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home