Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, February 18, 2008

missed the boat

Okay, I'm bored. So I did my once a year (or so) of looking at various fast food places and seeing what I could possibly eat there.

DISCLAIMER: I don't do this very often. There's so much cross contamination to worry about that has gotten me in the past. So this is a last ditch effort that sometimes happens on the way to camping trips or such.

Wendy's still rules with a "Gluten-Free" link that is a .pdf file (which I can put on my Treo). It's slim pickings unless I want to eat salad and dressing.

Taco Bell is still limited to tacos and the southwestern steak bowl. No changes, and it's easy to find.

Jack in the Box is a pain because you have to read the ingredients and look for wheat to start with. I got major cross contamination gluten from a couple of their establishments, so I pass on them.

Arby's is nice because they specify gluten on the food allergens. And you can specify a specific sandwich, like a grilled chicken sandwich, and de-select the bun. When you do that, it's gluten-free. And their fries are still gluten-free along with those potato cakes that I indulge in once in a while.

McDonalds really surprised me. It's really cumbersome to get the information. But their iffy standby of french fries are now OFF the list because of the beef flavoring. This was the biggest surprise to me.

And makes me real glad that I didn't give in to my lunch time craving on the drive home. I would be so miserable tonight if I had stopped.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home